Guidelines for Authors
1. Rights and obligations of authors
The rights and obligations of authors are stated in the Code of Ethics.
2. Language, format and scope of contributions
Filozofia publishes papers in Slovak, Czech and English. Proofreading of papers in Czech and English is done by the authors themselves.
Detailed instructions and recommendations for the formal editing of manuscripts can be found in this document.
All contributions must be in a format compatible with MS Word, written in Times New Roman with a 1.5 line spacing. If the authors are concerned that the text of the article or its part may display on another device differently than intended, they may send to the editors of the magazine Filozofia also a PDF version of the article with the same content as the MS Word document (both documents need to be attached).
Filozofia only rarely accepts contributions that do not follow the word count guideline:
- Research articles: 28,000 – 36,000 characters including spaces
- Review studies: 18,000 – 27,000 characters including spaces
- Reflections: 18,000 – 21,600 characters including spaces
- Discussions – Polemics: 18,000 – 27,000 characters including spaces
- Interviews: 12,000 - 18,000 characters including spaces
- Book reviews: 7,200 – 9,000 characters including spaces
- Miscellaneous (Scientific events, Critical notes, …)
3. Preparing a manuscript for submission to Filozofia
A title page should be submitted as a separate file.
The title page contains the title of the submitted article, a brief summary (abstract) in the range of 15 – 20 lines, information about the author (name, surname, affiliation, grant support, ORCID, email address, telephone).
Submitted papers must be prepared for anonymous peer-review. An anonymous submission should not contain any information that could lead to the identification of the authors. The authors of the article can refer to their previous works and, in that case, they should use the word author instead of their names, followed by three dots.
4. Consent to public license
By submitting their manuscript to Filozofia authors agree that their work will be licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0. Authors give their permission to the editors and publishers of Filozofia to publish their articles in the journal. Authors also give permission to the journal Filozofia to be acknowledged as the original venue of publication.
5. Where to send the manuscript
Authors can send their contributions in an electronic format to the address email@example.com.
Unsolicited manuscripts are not returned by the editors.